Raymond Erickson MSN, APRN
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, Master of Science in Nursing
Ray Erickson has worked as an advanced practice nurse at the Columbia Orthopedic Group for the last 25 years where he has specialized in hip and knee replacement surgery. After 25 years of collaboration with the same total joint surgeon in Columbia Missouri, Ray has been privileged to join Dr. Scott Cook as his advanced practice provider. Doctor Cook and Ray specialize in adult reconstructive surgery.
Areas of Specialty
- Hip and Knee Replacement Surgery. Hip Resurfacing Surgery.
- Diagnosis and management of hip arthritis
- Diagnosis and management of knee arthritis
- Sigma Theta Tau National Honor Society of Nursing
- University of Missouri Sinclair School of Nursing Alumni Association
- In-Clinic Evaluation, Diagnosis and Management of Hip and Knee Disorders
- Intra-Articular Injections/Aspirations, Bursa and Soft Tissue injections
- Ordering Tests and Imaging
- Assisting Dr. Scott Cook in Surgery
- “Assessment, Diagnosis and Management of Degenerative Disorders of the Knee and Hip,” Coming Together in Advanced Practice Conference 2014, Holiday Inn Executive Center, Columbia, Missouri, April 2014
- “New Concepts in Hip Surgery: The Birmingham Hip,” Boone Hospital Center Orthopedic Conference 2007, Jack’s Gourmet Restaurant, Columbia, Missouri, May 2007
- “Birmingham Hip Resurfacing” Boone Hospital Center, in-service, Joint Replacement Center, Orthopedic Floor, Columbia, Missouri, December 2006
- “Ankle Fracture Case Study,” Sinclair School of Nursing, N464-Continuum of Care, Columbia, Missouri, December 2004
- “Acetabular Fracture Case Study,” Sinclair School of Nursing, N463-Advanced Clinical Practice with Selected Patient Populations, Columbia, Missouri, April 2003
- “The Total Knee Replacement Continuum,” Sinclair School of Nursing, N462-Knowledge and Skills for Advanced Practice with Selected Patient Populations, Columbia, Missouri, December 2002
- “Postoperative Management of the Total Joint Arthroplasty Patient,” Columbia Regional Hospital, in-service, Orthopedic Floor, Columbia, Missouri, June 1999
Masters Degree in Nursing, Board Certified Clinical Nurse Specialist, University of Missouri, Sinclair School of Nursing, Columbia Missouri, 2004
- Bachelor’s Degree and Associate’s Degree in Nursing, Southern Adventist University, Collegedale Tennessee 1996, 1997.
Ray’s father is the owner of a salvage yard in mid-Missouri. Ray was able to pay for his undergraduate education by rebuilding salvaged automobiles and selling them for profit.
More About Raymond Erickson
Ray attended Southern Adventist University where he graduated in 1996 with his associate’s degree in nursing and 1997 with his bachelor’s degree in nursing. Following graduation, Ray joined the Columbia Orthopedic Group as a nurse clinician in June 1997, where he functioned as a midlevel provider working as a clinician, and first assisting with joint replacement surgery.
Ray continued to work full time at the Columbia Orthopedic Group, in adult reconstructive surgery, and returned to graduate school from 2001 through 2004 at University of Missouri Sinclair School of nursing.
Ray completed his master’s of science in nursing, specializing as an advanced practice registered nurse and clinical nurse specialist. Ray has worked with the same total joint specialist for more than 25 years and has assisted on more than 12,000 joint replacement surgeries. Ray is excited to join doctor Cook’s team as his advanced practice provider.
Outside of Work
Ray enjoys spending time with his wife Cherie and their two daughters. When Ray can get away, he enjoys returning to Centralia, Missouri to his family home, where he enjoys working with his father in the salvage yard doing auto-rebuilds and spending time with his family.
10 tips for Shoulder Surgery in Kansas City
10 tips for shoulder surgery Recovering from a shoulder arthroscopy…
Are you Struggling With Knee Osteoarthritis in Kansas City?
Knee osteoarthritis can be a pain in the patella.…