C. Lan Fotopoulos, M.D., a board-certified interventional physiatrist with Dickson-Diveley Orthopaedics, is featured in the March/April 2019 edition of Healthy Kansas City magazine. In the article, Dr. Fotopoulos explains how the Vertiflex® Superion® procedure can help patients with spinal stenosis, a narrowing of the spinal canal that can cause back pain, tingling and numbness.
Dr. Fotopoulos also addresses this minimally invasive treatment in the video below:
Other topics featuring insights from Dr. Fotopoulos that have been covered by Healthy Kansas City include:
- Physiatry’s role in the treatment of back, neck, hip, shoulder and knee pain
- Vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty
- Minimally invasive lumbar decompression (mild®) for back pain caused by central spinal stenosis
- Radiofrequency ablation
- Minimally invasive treatment options for compression fractures
- The benefits of spinal cord stimulation
- The complexities of pain and benefits of physiatry
For more information, call 913-319-7600 to make an appointment.
About Dickson-Diveley Orthopaedics
Since 1923, Dickson-Diveley Orthopaedics has provided high-quality orthopedic care. Our patient care team includes board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeons and physiatrists, as well as physician assistants, nurse practitioners, durable medical equipment specialists and more. With two convenient locations in Leawood and Kansas City, Dickson-Diveley Orthopaedics offers surgical and non-surgical treatment options across all subspecialties of orthopedic medicine.