Stem cell (BMC/prp) – conditions treated
Over the last two decades of research and development, Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) and Bone Marrow Concentrate (BMC), also known as stem cell, have proven to be the most effective procedures for growing tendon, cartilage, ligament, and bone. They also carry a strong anti-inflammatory effect, which acts as a pain reliever. Moreover, the safety of these procedures is stunning. Thus, these two procedures are the ones I recommend the most. Over the last two decades, thousands of studies have proven the efficacy of these treatments for the conditions below.
Platelet Rich Plasma:
As a general rule, PRP is used in the treatment of:
- Tendonitis/tendinopathy (rotator cuff, biceps tendon, lateral and medial epicondylitis, de Quervain’s, trochanteric bursitis/gluteus medius tendon, patellar and quadriceps tendon, Achilles tendon, hamstring tendons, posterior tibialis tendon, etc.)
– In these cases, PRP with ultrasound guidance for accuracy leads to a cure
- Mild and Moderate Osteoarthritis: 6-12 months relief
- Partial Ligament tears (UCL elbow, MCL knee, ACL knee, etc.)
- Back Pain from Disc-related pain (annular tear, Modic changes), facet arthritis, sacroiliac joint arthritis
Bone Marrow Concentrate (BMC):
In more advanced conditions, including tendon partial tears or chronic tendinopathy, a cell-based treatment with Bone Marrow Concentrate is necessary. In fact, in certain cases, BMC may even lead to a permanent cure. While PRP is effective for osteoarthritis, BMC shows longer-lasting, superior outcomes.
BMC is helpful in cases of:
- Tendon partial tears (rotator cuff, biceps tendon, lateral and medial epicondylitis, de Quervain’s, trochanteric bursitis/gluteus medius tendon, patellar and quadriceps tendon, Achilles tendon, hamstring tendons, posterior tibialis tendon, etc.)
- Mild and Moderate Osteoarthritis can expect 2-4 years of relief
- Severe Osteoarthritis has less consistent but still positive outcomes
- Complete, non-retracted tendon tears (rotator cuff, gluteus medius, hamstring tendon, etc)
- Degenerative meniscus and labral tears
Since 2014, physician Dr. Khadavi has specialized in Regenerative Medicine in Kansas City, he’s trained most physicians performing PRP and Stem Cell procedures in the Greater Kansas City area and hundreds from around the country. However, each joint, tendon, and ligament is unique. Therefore, a regenerative physician must have expertise in each specific diagnosis to accurately predict results for each procedure and guide the patient through the entire process. The physician’s care helps the patient move through rehabilitation and return to sports and activities.
wait. I have that…
So, you have one of the conditions listed above and you’re looking for a solution. Great! Make an appointment with Dr. Khadavi and his team and get back to your pain-free life.