About The Role
The Kansas City Orthopedic Alliance is dedicated to providing an inclusive, diverse, welcoming, team-oriented job environment that affords our employees an opportunity to grow and excel in their positions. Our commitment is to each other and our patients. This allows us to deliver the gold standard of patient care, communication, treatment and outcomes at every step of the healthcare process. Customer service, empathy and logic will drive our decision-making and influence our culture of selflessness and charity. This team is greater than the sum of its parts, but each individual’s contribution will lead to the ultimate success of our company.
Essential Physical Demands:
Inability to meet one or more of these physical and/or mental requirements will not automatically disqualify a candidate, or employee from the position. Upon request for a reasonable accommodation, the Company may be able to adjust or excuse one or more of these requirements, depending on the requirement, the essential functions to which it relates, and the proposed accommodation.
- Sit, Stand, Bend, Squat and Kneel on a frequent basis to assist with patient care responsibilities
- Lift, push, pull up to 50lbs on an occasional basis to assist with transferring or positioning patients.
- Occasional overhead reach for stocking of shelves with up to 10lbs of force.
- Direct Patient Care: Rooming of patients, vital signs, suture/staple removal, bandage changes
- Indirect Patient Care: Prepare injections/aspirations, Respond to phone messages, schedule testing, send in prescriptions in a timely and efficient manner.
- Charting: Document patient calls and advice given, open office visits, update required MIPS documentation
- Paperwork: Completes all FMLA/Disability forms, Work Status’s, RTW, Sports forms, application for handicap parking status
- Assist Physician and PA/ARNP in clinic with evaluation, management and treatment of patients
- Prepare room for patient visit: Pull up x-rays/MRI’s, open patient chart, cleaning and stocking of room
- Maintain HIPAA and OSHA compliance at all times
- Timely, efficient communication with all departments to assure excellent patient care
- Monitor test results, incoming faxes and out-going signed orders/faxes
- Change biohazard bags and sharps containers. Change chemicals for instrument sterilization
- Order x-rays per physician protocol
- Helps direct and answer patient questions related to additional services (therapy, labs, testing, surgery, etc.)
- May fill out paperwork related to authorization of specialty services
- Will assist/provide coverage/support for other PCT team members as appropriate to ensure that the collective work of this team is performed in a timely, efficient, and customer-centric fashion.
- Advanced level of computer skills required; including knowledge of (software); windows, Word Processing and Electronic Medical Records
- Ability to utilize basic office equipment, such as: Telephones, Calculators, Writing Utensils, Fax Machines, Copiers, etc.
- Medical Terminology, orthopedic ICD-10 and CPT coding, medical insurance knowledge will likely be acquired as a part of your position.
- Basic mathematical skills; ability to make simple calculations
- Should have strong communication and customer service skills and respect for confidentiality.
- Qualified candidates must have the ability to: Concentrate, work in a fast-paced environment, apply comprehension of situations and make reasonable decisions using sound analytical problem-solving skills.
- Candidates must be able to focus on multiple priorities and be able to do so in a potentially stressful environment.