About The Role
The Kansas City Orthopedic Alliance is dedicated to providing an inclusive, diverse, welcoming, team-oriented job environment that affords our employees an opportunity to grow and excel in their positions. Our commitment is to each other and our patients. This allows us to deliver the gold standard of patient care, communication, treatment and outcomes at every step of the healthcare process. Customer service, empathy and logic will drive our decision-making and influence our culture of selflessness and charity. This team is greater than the sum of its parts, but each individual’s contribution will lead to the ultimate success of our company.
Essential Physical Demands:
Inability to meet one or more of these physical and/or mental requirements will not automatically disqualify a candidate, or employee from the position. Upon request for a reasonable accommodation, the Company may be able to adjust or excuse one or more of these requirements, depending on the requirement, the essential functions to which it relates, and the proposed accommodation.
- Sit, Stand, Bend, Squat and Kneel on a frequent basis to assist with patient care responsibilities
- Lift, push, pull up to 50lbs on an occasional basis to assist with transferring or positioning patients.
- Occasional overhead reach for stocking of shelves with up to 10lbs of force.
- Typing and manual dexterity on a frequent basis for computer work/data entry.
- Work with PCT supervisor on developing new procedures to improve office effectiveness and efficiency.
- Answers staff questions and provides operational support to PCT’s on a daily basis per location.
- Involved in training and orientation of all new hires per location.
- Reports directly with PCT Supervisor to ensure communication to staff is timely and efficient.
- Participates as a working Lead (60% working on PCT duties – ie. patient care/40% dedicated to administrative duties or directly working with PCT supervisor).
- Ensures that all work is completed and that the clinic runs efficiently in order to avoid all team members working excessive hours.
- May be assigned to assist with the establishment of new physician’s clinics as they are indoctrinated into the company
- Any duties that may be required or considered “special projects” by supervisor.
- Provide feedback and participate in the performance review process of other PCT’s that they directly interact with on a daily basis.
- Customer service skills involving active listening, proper phone etiquette, ensuring time sensitivity is recognized by customers is required
- Time management and the ability to be organized and handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Advanced level of computer skills required; including knowledge of (software); windows, Word Processing and Electronic Medical Records
- Ability to utilize basic office equipment, such as: Telephones, Calculators, Writing Utensils, Fax Machines, Copiers, etc.
- Medical Terminology, orthopedic ICD-10 and CPT coding, medical insurance knowledge will likely be acquired as a part of your position.
- Basic mathematical skills; ability to make simple calculations
- Should have strong communication and customer service skills and respect for confidentiality.
- Qualified candidates must have the ability to: concentrate, work in a fast-paced environment, apply comprehension of situations and make reasonable decisions using sound analytical problem-solving skills.
- Candidates must be able to focus on multiple priorities and be able to do so in a potentially stressful environment.
- Possessing and fostering a Teamwork disposition highly regarded at all times.
- Experience: 1-3 years of relevant experience and/or training preferred. Experience in managing people/teams is also preferred.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED. Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but not required.