About The Role
The Kansas City Orthopedic Alliance is dedicated to providing an inclusive, diverse, welcoming, team-oriented job environment that affords our employees an opportunity to grow and excel in their positions. Our commitment is to each other and our patients. This allows us to deliver the gold standard of patient care, communication, treatment, and outcomes at every step of the healthcare process. Customer service, empathy and logic will drive our decision-making and influence our culture of selflessness and charity. This team is greater than the sum of its parts, but each individual’s contribution will lead to the ultimate success of our company.
Essential Physical Demands:
Inability to meet one or more of these physical and/or mental requirements will not automatically disqualify a candidate, or employee from the position. Upon request for a reasonable accommodation, the Company may be able to adjust or excuse one or more of these requirements, depending on the requirement, the essential functions to which it relates, and the proposed accommodation.
- Sit on a continuous basis at a desk within a pod to execute primary job responsibilities.
- Bend, squat, kneel, stoop and twist, on an occasional basis to move within the designated area.
- Lift up to 20 lbs. from the floor to various heights in order to transfer paper or other materials from storage to a use case such as a copy machine.
- Carry, Push and Pull with up to 20 lbs. of force for up to 300 ft. in order to transfer records to different departments.
Typing and manual dexterity on a frequent basis for computer work/data entry.
- Maintain and organize all areas of the electronic medical record with precise labeling per policy guidelines.
- Faxcom – process documents and import to chart. Determining if they need to be viewed/signed by provider.
- Scanning – retrieve paperwork from all clinic areas, scan and import to chart.
- Liaison for contracted Copy service. Coordinate medical records requests coming in from various entry points.
- Operative photos – download, log and import to chart.
- Transcription – download, log and import to chart; make sure all dictation is completed. Run reports for missing notes.
- Continuity of care – provide records to other offices as needed for patient care.
- Access other hospital portals as needed for document retrieval.
- Stay current on, and follow HIPAA guidelines at all times.
- Chart audits associated with hospitals or other medical providers requesting records on shared patients.
- Postmarks outgoing mail and deliver to appropriate area for mailing.
- Processes incoming mail and deliver to appropriate parties.
- Act as courier between buildings and KCOA departments.
- Process requests for internal records/billing information.
- May require travel too or working from another KCOA site.
- Tenants of our practice: courteous, prompt, respectful, honest, a listener first, collaborative, friendly, upbeat, open to change, communicative.
- Customer service attitude.
- Basic computer skills/knowledge (typing/keyboarding, navigating programs)
- Ability to utilize basic office equipment, such as: Telephones, Calculators, Writing Utensils, Fax Machines, Copiers, etc.
- Professional attitude
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Excellent organizational skills
- Collaboration and communication with all team members
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks